September Committee Meeting

This is a meeting for the committee but we still publicise the agenda.

Monday 3rd September 2012, Room 1, Baildon Methodist Church, 7:00pm-9:00pm
1. Apologies and opportunity to inform the Chair of any other business (AOB) – 7:00-7:05
2. Review of the minutes of the last meeting including agreed actions – 7:05 – 7:15
• David will contact Debbie Davis and ask her to keep us informed on the progress of the request to move the cattle grid.
• Elin will put a note in the calendar for June to remind us to find out about the date of the carnival in 2013 (DONE).
• The Christmas fair will be on Dec 2nd, Elin will add this to the calendar (DONE).
• David will liaise with David Mitchell so that we hear of the date of the carnival in time to make plans for a stall in 2013 (DONE).
• Richard will find out the deadlines for applications for community chest and mechanics institute funding (DONE) and inform Elin who will add the dates to the calendar (DONE).
• Debbie will look back in the treasury records to look for any other details of funding deadlines to include in the FoBM calendar or events and forward details to Elin to include in the calendar.
• Elin will buy a wall calendar to enable the FoBM committee to review forthcoming events at each meeting (DONE). She will also keep an electronic copy which she will look into options to share with interested parties through the use of the FOBM e-mail account (Elin/Paul to update the committee).
• Malcolm will write a short summary of his walk to go on the website and in e-newsletter, he e-mail this text to Elin.
• Elin will approach the FoIM mushroom and fungi walk leader to see if they will do one in Baildon (DONE – Elin to update group).
• Debbie will make contact with Bob and Richard to discuss the ‘donate a tree as a memorial’ option.
3. Treasurer’s report – 7:15 – 7:20 (Elin will provide this update in Debbie’s absence)
4. Committee activities/proposals – 7:20 – 8:10
• (7:20 – 7:40) Bracken control & management (including Input sought by Ian Lyons about Bracken clearance works)
• (7:40 – 7:50) Paths/access (including encroachments, and recent observations)
• (7:45 – 7:50) Membership communications (Newsletters/web/Facebook activity/ date of next public meeting Mon 5th Nov proposed)
• (7:55 – 8:00) Programme of events (Lectures/walks/litter picks/bracken clearance dates)
• (no update anticipated) Interpretation/information boards
• 8:00 – 8:10) Flora and fauna protection (including report from Paul re contact with BOG)
• (no update anticipated) Diorama review
• (no update anticipated) Acrehowe Cross
5. Activities of/proposals from others stakeholders – 8:10 – 8:40
• (8:10 – 8:30) Proposed wind turbine development (following a short discussion on this topic a committee vote will take place to determine whether FoBM should respond to the consultation, and if so, the outline content of this response)
• (8:30 – 8:35) News of works/plans from Bradford Council’s Countryside Service
• (8: 35 – 8:40) News of works/plans from Bradford Council’s Woodlands Manager
• (no update anticipated) Reservoir developments
6. Correspondence – 8:40 – 8:45
7. Any other business (AOB) – 8:45 – 8:50
8. Agreement of actions – 8:50 – 8:55
9. Date and time of the next meeting – 8:55 – 9:00

 

Leave a Reply